4. The 147.180 repeater is up and running at two sites and can be heard across the length of Washington County (over 40 miles). The Newport site uses a PL Tone of 74.4 and the Forest Lake site uses a PL Tone of 100. This is the repeater in our Washington County ARES Emergency Communictions Plan.
3. All Face - To - Face ARES activities in suspension until further notice due to Covid-19.
2. Want to watch flood stage river gauges in Minnesota? go to http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/forecasts.php?wfo=mpx
1. AERO 101 Class was held on February 22, 2020. AERO 102, the next class, is being evaluated regarding actually being held. Stay tuned for decision.
- - - - 2019 - - - - V V V V
Simulated Emergency Test (SET) held on September 18-21, 2019. Report submitted to ARRL. Thanks to all our ARES participants and to Washington County Sheriff's Department communications for your support!!
The Mobile and Go-Kit Picnic was held on June 20,2019, Edgewater Park in Woodbury. There was a Special Event Station operating from there. SARA, SEMARC, and Mining Clubs were especially invited to attend. Despite stormy weather, members brought their latest Go-Kit or Mobile installation or a notebook to take notes for their next project.
Consider volunteering for the Hospital Net on the first Thursday of each month, 12:30 PM. We still have some hospitals that need operators for this net. Our goal is to get 50% of our hospitals covered beginning in May. WashCo ARES covers six hospitals in the SE metro area. We need to be prepared for any eventuality where needed.
Note: MN VOAD Spring Conference on March 23, Saturday. Check their web site for details and registration information.
UPDATE: As EC, I attended a Hospital Compact /Hospital Coalition meeting on March 5. A greater emphasis will be placed on achieving more participation by ham radio operators at the first Thursday net on the Hennepin County Repeater at 12:30 PM. We try to cover six hospitals on the east side and will need some more ARES members to check-in from hospitals for this net. As of March 5, we have no coverage for St. Joe's, and Regina. We will ask ARES hams to step up for this request. Please consider this.
NEWS: Mobile and Go-Kit Picnic: July 20, Edgewater Park in Woodbury
NEWS: 2019 REP Drill Scheduled for June 19; Hands On Training May 22.
News: SEMARC repeater 147.180+ (PL 74.4) back on line. Give it a try.
News: AUXCOMM Class CANCELLED FOR Nov. 17 & 18. Reason is insufficient numbers. Please watch next spring for another offering. In the mean time, continue to take the pre-requisite ICS courses of ICS 100, 200, 700 & 800. The latest editions will be required.
NEWS: WashCoARES completed its Simulated Emergency Test (SET) on Sept. 19. Records have been analyzed and the Form A SET Report has been completed and sent to ARRL. This exercise was completed a little earlier than the regular ARRL October date due to preferences of our members. Things work better and equipment is easier to use in the warmer weather. Thanks to all who supported us in this exercise.